Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I've been busy sewing

I'm getting my strength back and have been busy sewing. I'm working on a mini wardrobe for a PR contest the ends May 31. I should have been finished by now but as usual I got sidetracked with some other sewing projects. Today I worked on lining a jacket. I also decided to review a pattern that I've made four times because I absolutely love it. Did anybody notice my new hairdo? Straight and blond! It's a first for me but Calvin absolutely loves it.


McCall's 5671
Pattern Description:
Misses' jacket, belt, top, dress and pants (jacket and pants in 2 lengths)
Pattern Sizing:
8-24
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Exactly
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Extremely. As always with Palmer and Pletsch patterns, instructions for alterations are included with cutting lines and indepth explanations
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked that the pattern was super easy and still stylish
Fabric Used:Slinky as it is one of my favorite fabrics to wear
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:I didn't do my usual FBA. I simply added an armhole dart in the top. On the cardigan I added a 2" wedge at the center front only to allow for full bust. It worked out perfectly.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I've made the top and jacket four times. I love the look of a twinset but with an updated look. I'm sure I'll make it again and would highly recommend it to others. It can be dressed down with jeans or dressed up with a skirt and heels.

9 comments:

  1. You look fabulous... great ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hair is beautiful...and you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wore my hair like that for many years - blonde on the top going darker to the back (bottom nape). I loved wearing it like that until the gray started showing more than the blonde. You look beautiful. ...enjoy your sewing moments! I'm lovin the jacket too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking good! The outfit looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new look, you work it girl!
    Cute outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous hair! This coming from a bottle redhead that has been every color there is and hasn't seen her natural hair since age 12! Nice outfit also. And the glasses are great! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great, love the outfit, hair and glasses, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good, girl and I love the wardrobe....

    ReplyDelete