Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Wardrobe Refashion

I joined the Wardrobe Refashion for 6 months so now not only can I not buy shoes ( bet with fiance') I can't buy clothes either! My first refashion was the blouse from my last post. This is what it looked like at first.

In my defense I never wore it. It's being hanging in my closet for about 4 years and frankly I think the two pieces together are hideous. It still had the $10 clearance price tag on it so surely I had refashioning in mind when I bought it. I cut 5" off the bottom of the tunic and then used that piece to make a casing to which I inserted elastic. I think I'm going to have to refashion my refashion because I think the top would look better if it were more fitted.

5 comments:

  1. I sometimes have to lie about my shoe purchases and I haven't bought clothes in months.


    This should be interesting. The planned new life for this item seems really promising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hide my new shoe purchases in the car until my husband leaves for work or goes out, then I sneak them in. He's never the wiser.

    I like what you've done with your refashioned top so far. A really nice job. I did wardrobe refashion a couple of years ago. It was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun doing refashion. It's a chance to use your creativity and explore new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeh! You go girl... that looks great. Three things ( I have been snuffling through your blog off and on today)
    1. You have great taste and I love seeing a "real" woman sewing stlylish, kick-ass clothes for herself. (i.e. you are built with curves and you rock it!)
    2. I joined the Refashion group too, and am workign through using my extensive (coughcoughcoughoverwhelminglylarge) stash and reworking clothing to gain "new" pieces. Being 3 1/2 months pregnant means I MUST get this done. Being self employed helps me as I don't have to have an extensive wardrobe, but still...I don't do frump!
    3. In perusing back I see you are healing from surgery yet--prayers for continued healing and heal going up for you!

    Keep sewing and blogging girl. I am really enjoying your blog! Thank you...we seamstresses/tailors/sewings/fashionistas need to keep inspiring one another! Now if I can get my bum in gear and post! lol

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete